Romantic relationships are one of the most important and rewarding connections we have in our lives, but they can also be the most demanding. They often progress in ways we don’t expect, leaving us feeling frustrated, hurt, and disconnected.
You may be at a place in your relationship where you are constantly in conflict, feeling emotionally frustrated, sexually dissatisfied, or avoiding conflict to the point where you barely talk. We often walk into a potentially healthy relationship at a great disadvantage. Many of us were never taught the critical skills needed to maintain healthy and successful relationships.
Although you may be feeling discouraged or hopeless, you are not yet ready to give up on your relationship. In couples therapy, you and your partner will learn to identify and effectively communicate your needs and desires while learning to understand, accept, and effectively navigate your differences. You will learn how to self-regulate, self-define and manage conflict effectively. I work with couples who are willing to take ownership of how they show up and can understand that they both have an active role in where the relationship is today.
We’re a good fit if you and your partner…
- want to be clear on the type of relationship you want to create and be in
- want to develop effective communication skills
- want to revive and deepen your connection
- want to have a more satisfying sex life
- have experienced infidelity and need help rebuilding the foundation of your relationship
- want to work through resentment, past hurt, or trauma
- want to stop shutting down or being reactive/defensive during a conflict
I am invested in your success and path to self-discovery, and I genuinely care about your progress. If you are ready to grow your relationship and deepen your connection, I will guide you, and look forward to helping you turn obstacles to happiness into opportunities for change and growth.